Art, Breath, Paint, Air . . .

Art, Breath, Paint, Air . . .


Saturday, January 7, 2012

Recent Press and "Skirting Convention" Audios


Recent Press and "Skirting Convention" Audios:

See the latest article on me in Art & Society Magazine at

It was written by the talented Channy Lyons who also curated "Skirting Convention: Illinois Women from 1840-1940" at the Lakeview Museum of Arts and Sciences which runs from October 1, 2011- Jan 16, 2012. It is a FABULOUS exhibit with some beautiful paintings and sculptures. I consider these women part of my artistic heritage--or maybe me of theirs. However it is, I was honored to be asked to produce audio about five of the paintings and the life of a woman artist then and now.

Although I encourage you to actually see this exhibit, you can see images of the paintings and
listen to my audios at:

About the exhibit Channy says: "These women overcame unique challenges and learned to make art...They made opportunities for themselves. I love these women artists because they had the courage, the tenacity, and the smarts to keep going. We can learn from them." Yep! I mean, can you imagine life drawing class in a corset? Or worse, told you couldn't attend it because you couldn't handle the nudity? Just a few of the many hurdles for women of the day.

Upcoming Classes and Workshops


"Oil Painting-Just do it"


$95.00
Location: Frugoli Tiessen Studio, Peoria, IL
100 Walnut
Peoria IllinoisMidwest 61611
United States
Mondays,  6-8:30pm, No class on March 5
$95.00, sign up for this class and one of the workshops (2 Saturdays) for just $150.00 (save $45.00) or this class and two workshops (4 Saturdays) for $185.00 (save $65.00). (This bundled saving is only for classes and workshops held at my studio)
Classes meet at the Frugoli/Tiessen Studio, 100 Walnut St., Peoria, IL

Propel your oil painting skills through instruction and practice. This class will be a take off on my Monday night still life class, but will also include working from photographs of other subjects. Many of my students tell me they love to paint and learn a lot in my workshops, but find it hard to carve out time to paint at home. Well, this class will give you the excuse to devote time to develop your art! Plus, I will be devoting time to instruct you on the formal elements of painting. All skill levels welcome. You can sign up by contacting me or do it online! Contact me to sign up.


"Infusing Your Paintings with Light and Color"
$195.00
Workshop Dates: 4/21/12 and 4/22/12, 9-4pm each day
Location: Northshore Art League, Winnetka IL 60093
Two Day Intensive

Want to make visually engaging paintings that fairly sing with color and light? A careful study of value and color mixing will get you well on your way. Through targeted exercises, instructor demo, and hands on painting, you will gain more mastery over the art and science of crafting representational paintings with impact. All skill levels welcome. This class will be a continuation of what we go over in Intro to Color Mixing but that class is not a prerequisite. Contact the Art League to sign up. www.northshoreartleague.org

Contact information:
artsed@sbcglobal.net
(847) 446-2870
 
TRACEY FRUGOLI - Available Works:
Click the following link to view TRACEY's portfolio of available works: http://traceyfrugoli.com/works

No comments:

Post a Comment